The stock market continues to stay at record highs; gold has been smashed down to the 1300’s and real estate buyers are out in force in the Sydney market. Stock levels still remain low, however I do foresee more stock coming on to the market in the next two to three weeks. I can’t see this increased amount of stock making a dent in demand, however it will satisfy some frustrated buyers ready to move.
We now have a clear run after Anzac day for a couple of months which we hope will be a fantastic season for buyers and sellers. The market has recorded some of its best results in years through March. February and from what I have heard April, are down from normal across the board. As we reported, over all, the numbers are consistent with the last five years in of sales.
1. As the world changes and history is made, it will be a fascinating period to look back on in ten years time.
2. Everyone talks bubbles these days! Countries, markets, metals, futures, I guess that’s what happens when you start dumping massive amounts of money in one place or another. I bet some people out there are enjoying one hell of a ride.
3. Will either Sydney and/or Melbourne market bubble? I guess at some stage it will come off but in the mean time, the factors still remain very strong for these two major cities.
4. I read that a third of marriages last year were inter-racial and many more were both inter-racial and blended families. It will be interesting to see how the faces and styles of suburbs change as the people living in those suburbs change, especially 10-20 years from now.
5. Apartment living is becoming more and more acceptable and in many cases, preferred. Again, this is the influence from new Australians, plus the massive advantage a well located apartment holds for many people.
Your feedback, both good and bad is always welcome on firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy home hunting.