LEADING THE INDUSTRY
Over the past 120 years, Forsyth Real Estate has survived through wars, depressions, recessions, booms and busts. With a finger firmly on the pulse of the local marketplace and an eye to national and international trends, the company has continually evolved to offer the best possible service to its clients within an ever-changing marketplace.
Since the early 1900s, Forsyths have been leaders in the real estate profession. RT Forsyth was an early member and President of the Real Estate Auctioneers & Agents Association (Real Estate Institute of NSW). In 1950s, James Forsyth was President of the North Shore Real Estate Agents' Association and a Fellow of the Commonwealth Institute of Valuers. In the 1990s, Michael Forsyth was a Board Member of the Real Estate Employers Federation and Founding Governor of the REIA's Industry Superannuation Fund.
In the early 1960s Forsyth Real Estate was influential in the development in Australia of the innovative American marketing system the Estate Agents Cooperative (EAC Multi-List). In the 1980s, the company recognized the marketing benefits and became an early member of the First National network of independent real estate agents, helping to build the brand in Australia. In ????, to reflect changing market trends, the company rebranded as an independent boutique company Forsyth Real Estate.
Forsyth's real estate offices also developed over the decades to reflect the changing needs of the business and its customers. In 1912, the original timber building was replaced with a turreted brick building with a tram-waiting alcove for the comfort of clients and local residents. In the early 1950s, the premises were remodelled and extended in 1962. The current building, built in 1978, has been updated to create a welcoming environment with leading edge technological capacity to meet the needs of the electronic age.